347 Stroker with supercharge/turbo?

dkhl

Aug 22, 2004
I know it's possible, and I would need good low compression pistons (probably forged) to run really good..

Would this be an effecitive combination? or should I just build a 331 with a stroker. I'd much rather stick with turbo since its more efficient.

• Sponsors (?)

What block are you using? How much boost are you planning to use? You don't need to go with low compression unless your running a lot of boost, and then you'll need a better block. I think if you stay in the 9's on compression, you'll be able to make more power and boost than the block will be able to take. I met a guy running 10.5:1 compression on 10psi boost on a 347 running 93 pump gas. Makes over 600hp!

90mustangGT said:
What block are you using? How much boost are you planning to use? You don't need to go with low compression unless your running a lot of boost, and then you'll need a better block. I think if you stay in the 9's on compression, you'll be able to make more power and boost than the block will be able to take. I met a guy running 10.5:1 compression on 10psi boost on a 347 running 93 pump gas. Makes over 600hp!

Yep... low compression is a relative term these days. Blowers are more efficient than ever. I plan on running 9 to 9.5:1 compression on a 331 with my Kenne Bell once the long block is finished and I get the fuel system together. I should also note that whatever happens, I plan on limiting the combo to 500 FWHP since the block is a stocker.