347 Stroker with supercharge/turbo?

dkhl

Aug 22, 2004
I know it's possible, and I would need good low compression pistons (probably forged) to run really good..

Would this be an effecitive combination? or should I just build a 331 with a stroker. I'd much rather stick with turbo since its more efficient.

What block are you using? How much boost are you planning to use? You don't need to go with low compression unless your running a lot of boost, and then you'll need a better block. I think if you stay in the 9's on compression, you'll be able to make more power and boost than the block will be able to take. I met a guy running 10.5:1 compression on 10psi boost on a 347 running 93 pump gas. Makes over 600hp!

Yep... low compression is a relative term these days. Blowers are more efficient than ever. I plan on running 9 to 9.5:1 compression on a 331 with my Kenne Bell once the long block is finished and I get the fuel system together. I should also note that whatever happens, I plan on limiting the combo to 500 FWHP since the block is a stocker.