• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

347 Users..How Do you Like it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nik_95Cobra
  • Start date Start date Aug 9, 2004

Nik_95Cobra

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2002
1,677
1
37
Tempe, Arizona
Aug 9, 2004
#1
  • Aug 9, 2004
  • #1
Hey guys...How do you like your 347's? Do you wish you would have done something different? How's the power and torque? About how much did it run you do do the 347?...Thanks. Still tryin' to talk myself out of a 393 I guess lol.
 

Nucking Futs

Founding Member
Jan 5, 2002
158
0
16
Franklin TN
Aug 9, 2004
#2
  • Aug 9, 2004
  • #2
My 347 is great, makes about 310 hp but 370 ft torque but it is emissions legal so I couldn't get to radical. If I had to do it all over again 393 stroker is the way I would go.

With a 393 stroker, some research I did, will produced around 450 range of both horsepower and torque with room to grow. That will be that way I am going when the 347 goes.
 

Rootus

Officially Addicted
Feb 8, 2003
6,659
1
0
Portland, Oregon
Aug 9, 2004
#3
  • Aug 9, 2004
  • #3
If I were going to stroke a 351W, I think I would go all the way -- 427 . Or get a DART block and stroke it to 454

Dave
 

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
20+ Year Stangneter
Jun 14, 2004
9,303
1,648
214
Acworth, GA
Aug 9, 2004
#4
  • Aug 9, 2004
  • #4
I had a 347 and works great. If I was going to go with a stock block I would have done a 351 stroker package. That way I could spray a 300 shot and run 10s on my daily driver. Power is going to be about the same either way, just a difference in rpm. The higher displacement motor is going to make the power down lower.

Kurt
 

Dave95GT

bAd mUtha
Founding Member
Jan 10, 2001
477
0
0
Looking for all of my missing posts
Aug 9, 2004
#5
  • Aug 9, 2004
  • #5
Since having the 347, I wouldnt go with another motor. It made almost 400/400 at the wheels on the motor and ran 11.99 @ 117mph with no nitrous. On a 100 shot it went 11.56 @ 124mph and I drove it home 90 miles from the track. I drive it everyday and there are no cooling problems, only traction problems
 

Nik_95Cobra

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2002
1,677
1
37
Tempe, Arizona
Aug 9, 2004
#6
  • Aug 9, 2004
  • #6
Sounds good Dave...What size injectors do you run? I was hoping to get away with my 24 pound injectors and a chip, but will change if I must. Those sound like awsome #'s you got out of yours. PS I'd also want something that could make it cross country if I wanted to without any problems. Basically I want it to be as close to factory reliable as possible. It'd see mainly street use, with only the very occasional track session.
 

Grn92LX

Fidanza Man!
Founding Member
Jan 14, 2001
6,819
64
129
New York
Aug 9, 2004
#7
  • Aug 9, 2004
  • #7
24's arent enough for a 400rwhp 347. 30's at least. You can make awesome power with a 347 and still be fine on the street everyday if done right.

Im planning a 10.7:1 347 in the near future. Ported TW heads, TFS R or victor 5.0 intake, jay allen custom grind cam, 1 3/4" longtubes, 75mm TB, 30's, 80mm pro m. Might get a fms rev extender and bump the limiter to 6500. Easy 120 traps and low 11's. Im doing it right, im not gonna put marginal 302 parts on a 347 and expect to be happy. I'll be using the CHP rotating assembly-cast crank, forged 5.315" rods and forged probe pistons. Goal is over 400rwhp. Still havent decided how radical I wanna go.
 

Dave95GT

bAd mUtha
Founding Member
Jan 10, 2001
477
0
0
Looking for all of my missing posts
Aug 9, 2004
#8
  • Aug 9, 2004
  • #8
Nik_95Cobra said:
Sounds good Dave...What size injectors do you run? I was hoping to get away with my 24 pound injectors and a chip, but will change if I must. Those sound like awsome #'s you got out of yours. PS I'd also want something that could make it cross country if I wanted to without any problems. Basically I want it to be as close to factory reliable as possible. It'd see mainly street use, with only the very occasional track session.
Click to expand...
I run 30 pound injectors on my setup. They seem to be a perfect match running only at 50-60% duty cycle at WOT. As for going across country, I wouldnt think twice about taking mine on a road trip (well other than the no AC and windsheild wipers ) I have an Explorer for a daily driver now, but the Mustang was my daily driver for almost 5 years. My last 347 (Im on the 2nd one now) went for over 20,000 miles before it cracked from the water jacket to a stud hole (it could have been fixed but Id rather be safe than sorry) and thats with too many nitrous passes to count going thru that motor making over 500rwhp on the hose.

People are way too worried about running a stroker motor as a daily driver, there are too many rumors about oil starvation or just being unreliable in general. All false. If you treat your motor good and dont cut corners in your setup, they will go a long way.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
J
Help Figuring Motor Choice(Possible future turbo)?
  • jaygee15
  • Dec 14, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
13
Views
810
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 3, 2026
Jarhead67
J
O
My rebirth, Hi from PA
  • onemore1987
  • Jun 28, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
189
The Welcome Wagon Jun 29, 2026
onemore1987
O
Progress Thread Progress Thread- From6to8's 95 GT/Saleen Supercharged 331 install
  • from6to8
  • Mar 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 28, 2026
from6to8
Motor given to me and I’d like to rebuild it what do I need to do
  • Creomod
  • Dec 14, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
437
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Dec 16, 2024
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?