351w swap headers

• Sponsors (?)

The Macs fit your description but have never tried em.

We are talking fox right?

FORD MUSTANG 1979-1993 5.8L MAC 1 5/8" CHROME SHORT TUBE 351W SWAP HEADERS
M143852232.jpg

Click on image to zoom
Was: $359.95
SALE: $341.95
Save: 5%
$18.00
Qty:
FREE BASIC SHIPPING
Add To CartItem Inquiry

SKU: E358692
MAC 1 5/8" Chrome Ford Mustang 5.8L 1979-1993 Short Tube 351W Swap Headers
Shipping: FREE SHIPPING ON ALL MAC EXHAUST

Attachments

• sl8021902322_is.jpeg
    sl8021902322_is.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 116
was thinking of running a set of longtube or midlength headers..
Mac again? At least these are bigger tube

FORD MUSTANG 1979-1993 MAC 1 3/4" POLISHED CERAMAC MUSTANG 351W SWAP LONG TUBE HEADERS
M96722134.jpg

Click on image to zoom
Was: $657.95
SALE: $624.95

Mac again? At least these are bigger tube

FORD MUSTANG 1979-1993 MAC 1 3/4" POLISHED CERAMAC MUSTANG 351W SWAP LONG TUBE HEADERS
M96722134.jpg

Click on image to zoom
Was: $657.95
SALE: $624.95
do you know where I could find these? I only find them for the 302 and I know mac went out of business 4 years ago. Do you remember the part number or something other then the name?

BBK does sell them: https://bbkperformance.com/pages/search-results-page?q=351 swap

But what you're asking for, a longtube that doesn't hit speedbumps, could be difficult. How big of a speedbump? is your car lowered? What wheels and tires are you running? Are you using standard or convertible motor mounts to clear the 351 under what hood? (how low is the engine in the chassis?)

I'm not trying to be difficult, but when swapping in the 351 there are bolt-on swap parts sure, but at some point you're going to have to fab and/or flex the parts you have to fit the larger engine in the relatively small space. There's just enough variables here to where I think you're just as likely to bolt it on and be done, versus, needing to have a skilled person mock it up and modify the parts on the car as needed. 50/50 chance IMO. Sorry if that's a pessimistic view!

Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Headers for the 351W in my T-Bird are custom built 1-7/8" primaries into 3-1/2" collectors and are tucked up under the car as high as he could put them. The car has coil overs so its pretty low and every once in a while the exhaust drags but its mostly the 3-1/2" X-Pipe that gets it. I will tell you that having a tubular k-member helps things tremendously with long tubes.

Reactions: 1 users
Key words in Aero's post were "custom" and "tucked up under the car as high as (possible)" - that's what I was trying to say. For this specific ask, I think whoever does the work is going to have to bend metal to achieve the desired outcome. I doubt an off-the-shelf part does the job.

I'm from Sapulpa originally - small world!

I’m in SW Jenks so nearly Sapulpa.

The guy that built my headers used a mandrel kit and I had them jet hot coated along with the x-pipe and MAC 3” car back.

Last edited:
BBK longtubes generally have the better quality, and better clearance with stuff like steering shafts. They tend to have the best road clearance, but the sacrifice is they have the worse transmission clearance. Ask me how I know. Everything is a sacrifice.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 users