3650 whiney and notchy

JVCOBRA

Aug 18, 2011
I have an 04 Mach 1 with 20k and I noticed that my trans seems to have a faint whine in every gear and what sounds like synchro whine when I am coasting in neutral. The car has a Steeda Tri-ax but it seems like it should shift through the gears smoother and be less whiney. I know this has been a thread many times but I would just like to get a straight answer about if changing the trans fluid has been helpful (and what kind of trans fluid to use) or if this is just the way the 3650s are and I'm just being too picky.

• Sponsors (?)

get use to it...

it's NOT the 3650. it's the aftermarket shifter, i have TRI-AX also on my 3650 all that rubber stuff that's on the stock shifter. is what keeps things peaceful and smooth, BUT it's also too sloppy, also i like it notchy,

just do what i do... turn up ur radio LOL BTW, welcome to stangnet

i may look into a gasket too

the more i drive it, the more i dont think its not the shifter. its mostly 2nd and 3rd gear that feel notchy, 4th and 5th feel fine and sometimes 2nd is smooth if I go in and out a few times with the clutch pushed in. damn these mustangs, we want them to be perfect but they never are :damnit: