3D printed spoilers?

Stang_1973

Founding Member
Jul 13, 2001
San Antonio, Tx.
Wondering if anyone has had one made before and if so what company did you use, and how did they go about it?

I dont really like how the stock spoiler for 71-73 looks on coupe. however now that i put the front chin spoiler and NACA hood on my coupe, the back end looks like its missing something. I really like how ducktail spoilers look and can be really subtle but of course no one makes anything like that.

i was even thinking to download some 3d print software to try and design one myself, LOL.

• Sponsors (?)

if you can design it yourself, you can then take the program and have someone do the printing, since i doubt you have the money or space for your own 3D printer large enough to do the job. look for companies in your area that do rapid prototyping.

I really like how ducktail spoilers look and can be really subtle but of course no one makes anything like that.

Trying to imagine how this will come out. So was looking for images.

71 eleanor.png
71 eleanor3.jpg
50656-9409-b-oncar-01_1.jpg

OIP.eu4Y2DuYYwCvlRjmrcgHFAHaFj.jpeg

ive seen the first one before and i really like that, seems feasible with the right body person to do the work. i think that car is in europe though.

the last pic is Pegasus, alot of 71-73 owners know about that car. beautiful restomod car that is virtually 95% custom.

i was gunna try to go for something along the lines of a bolt on duckbill, that doesnt require body work. I reached out to a local guy who gives 3d print classes and does some design on the side. I got a lead on another guy who does designs for manufacturing and has his own company but i figured he'd prolly be more expensive. i think its doable, just need to find the right guy. heck and if it works, i can always save the file and have more made in case people want to order one.

heres a very very rough photoshop of what i had in mind. basically 1 piece duckbill that bolts onto the top edge of the trunklid.
rebel rear withspoiler.gif

Reactions: 1 user
I like that. 3D printing would be awesome but there might be a cheaper / easier way to accomplish your goal

Speedway , 2 inch tall aluminum, 66 wide, 40$
91054234_L_4bc488ce-ee33-4008-a50d-00c48c976946.jpg

universal lip spoiler
SP-SQUARE1__16401.1559167417.jpg

Was just a thought, custom is cooler for sure. Interested to see which way you go.

top pic speedway motors

Bottom Picture from either Ebay or I-carid
Sticks on with 2 rows double sided tape, so a reasonable chance of damage free removal down the road.

I just spent a quick minute looking for 'universal rear lip spoilers'

I've been eyeballing this one for front of my 65
just fat stick on rubber. Probably comes down to your ability to trim the ends correctly

s-l225-2.jpg

top pic speedway motors

Bottom Picture from either Ebay or I-carid
Sticks on with 2 rows double sided tape, so a reasonable chance of damage free removal down the road.

I just spent a quick minute looking for 'universal rear lip spoilers'

I've been eyeballing this one for front of my 65
just fat stick on rubber. Probably comes down to your ability to trim the ends correctly

s-l225-2.jpg

Is the second one is the one that comes in a roll?

yes and you might not get to go onto quarter panels with it.

I like your car are there more pics posted here somewhere?

I like your car are there more pics posted here somewhere?

THANKS! i just recently got back to posting here becuase ive recently gotten back to this project. ive been a member since early 2000s. I have more recent pics in my instagram, username Stang1973
I wish i wouldve documented better all the things ive done over the years better with pictures. but basically everything in my signature has been done since i got the car when i was 16. Im 35 now. its taken a few different turns. lol

I could technically buy 2 kits and fab it just right so it the end are at the quarters as an individual piece and the the trunk is solid piece that butts flush up to the ends. ill take a tape measure to it and see what can be done. appreciate the info. I actually saw those before but wasnt too sure about it. but now it see it rolled out like that and thiking about it, i think it can work. thanks for the input.

I have seen 3D printed parts for cars and instruments. The layering on of material has a definitely different texture than a cast piece. If you wanted it smooth, sanding and a filler that sticks to (ABS?) plastic would be needed. But with a matching scoop, you might like the texture.