3G upgrade Question

Hello All,

I upgraded my alternator to the Sn95 3g alternator not too long ago and I have been having problems with it. I wanted to see if anyone has had this problem that I have been having or do I just have bad luck with these poorly rebuilt ones you get from the auto parts places or maybe I did something wrong. I upgraded the wiring and the fused wire, upgraded battery to red top Opitma, etc.. I drove the car maybe 3 times to work and back to make sure eveything was cool, then my battery started smoking. I took the alternator and battery back to the auto parts place and got them replaced. Drove the car again same thing happened? Am i missing something here? I will check my voltage to the battery again tonight but i am sure it would be pumping over 14v to the battery for it to smoke a 2nd Optima battery. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

Are you sure you dont have loose connections or bad (resistive) battery cables?

You don't say how you connected everything so it's hard for us to tell if it was done right. If you follow any of the tutorials you should be ok (except don't reconnect the stock charge wires to the new alternator).

Do you have a real voltmeter in your car?

Good luck.