4.0 in stang ??

Contender

Jan 2, 2007
nc
I was wondering if the 4.0 engine in the v6 stang was the exact same one as in the sport trac. I ask becuz there arent many performance parts for my truck and i was thinkin that i could use the same parts yall do? any inputs?

• Sponsors (?)

I was wondering if the 4.0 engine in the v6 stang was the exact same one as in the sport trac. I ask becuz there arent many performance parts for my truck and i was thinkin that i could use the same parts yall do? any inputs?

Not the exact same. I will have to check more, but from what I understand, different intake manifold design. So, a aftermarket SC for a 4.0L Mustang will not bolt directly to a Sport Trac.

Let me do a little more research and get back to ya'..

Edit Add - What year and what are you thinking about doing????

It does indeed have a different intake manifold design- similiar but the bolt pattern and modulated electronic hook-ups would require some moodification. Depends on your skill and what you want to do.

J

I would reach out to Dave@Explorer Express. He specializes in after market suspension and performance parts for the Explorer. Talking with him, he specifically mentioned the Sport Trac.

http://explorerexpresscom.nationprotect.net/index.shtml

Doug@Bamachips has also developed tunes for that car as well.

http://www.bamachips.com/store/inde...8_3_29&zenid=eb0e3b0eb94a60f8df551ab6717447c4

He knows his stuff. He can tune out the throttle lag. NA, his tune shaved off 3/10ths off my other tunes, and that was before he mastered his race tune with the new auto parameters.

Hope this helps.

Not the exact same. I will have to check more, but from what I understand, different intake manifold design. So, a aftermarket SC for a 4.0L Mustang will not bolt directly to a Sport Trac.

Let me do a little more research and get back to ya'..

Edit Add - What year and what are you thinking about doing????

It does indeed have a different intake manifold design- similiar but the bolt pattern and modulated electronic hook-ups would require some moodification. Depends on your skill and what you want to do.

J

After i do all the bolt-ons available for my truck i plan on adding on a sc. Thing is i know the internals r sumwhat weak. So upgraded internals too, along with sum cams. Trying to do sumthing a lil different ya know?