4.10's and what else?

bluextc

Feb 12, 2006
South Jersey
I'm back with questions about buying stuff for the hubby. Want to get him 4.10's, but I need to know what else he will need as a result. When I got mine, I immediately got sfc's, and am saving for lca's and a few other things, as I'm not getting enough traction with the new gears. I don't know alot about the S197's, so I'm asking you guys what other upgrades will he need as a result of the new gears??? (his current mods are SLP axle-back exhaust, JLT CAI, SCT xcal2 with Brenspeed tune, and Steeda UDP's are going on in the next week or 2)

Thanks!

you are going to need gear oil, friction modifier additive, and an install kit, probably the FRPP M-4210A kit, unless you have tons of miles on the car already.

better/wider tires will help the most for traction, and LCAs will help out the wheel hop issues.

Just a comment

Your husband is a very lucky man!!

What's the differance from the 2 different modifiers. I'd phoned Ford, when I did my gear change, with the part number of 4 year old modifier I had left over from a previous gear change and they told me it was the only one made. The reason I'd asked them was because this stuff smelled so bad I was hoping they'd come out with something new. I also noticed when I removed the cover for my 05, the fluid didn't have that bad odour.