4.10's and what else?

bluextc

Feb 12, 2006
South Jersey
I'm back with questions about buying stuff for the hubby. Want to get him 4.10's, but I need to know what else he will need as a result. When I got mine, I immediately got sfc's, and am saving for lca's and a few other things, as I'm not getting enough traction with the new gears. I don't know alot about the S197's, so I'm asking you guys what other upgrades will he need as a result of the new gears??? (his current mods are SLP axle-back exhaust, JLT CAI, SCT xcal2 with Brenspeed tune, and Steeda UDP's are going on in the next week or 2)

Thanks!
:)

• Sponsors (?)

you are going to need gear oil, friction modifier additive, and an install kit, probably the FRPP M-4210A kit, unless you have tons of miles on the car already.

better/wider tires will help the most for traction, and LCAs will help out the wheel hop issues.

Just a comment

I'm back with questions about buying stuff for the hubby. Want to get him 4.10's, but I need to know what else he will need as a result. When I got mine, I immediately got sfc's, and am saving for lca's and a few other things, as I'm not getting enough traction with the new gears. I don't know alot about the S197's, so I'm asking you guys what other upgrades will he need as a result of the new gears??? (his current mods are SLP axle-back exhaust, JLT CAI, SCT xcal2 with Brenspeed tune, and Steeda UDP's are going on in the next week or 2)

Thanks!
:)

Your husband is a very lucky man!!

What's the differance from the 2 different modifiers. I'd phoned Ford, when I did my gear change, with the part number of 4 year old modifier I had left over from a previous gear change and they told me it was the only one made. The reason I'd asked them was because this stuff smelled so bad I was hoping they'd come out with something new. I also noticed when I removed the cover for my 05, the fluid didn't have that bad odour.