4-24-06: BIG RKC Monday Night Meet: RICHARDSON

Labora

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2000
Dallas, Texas
4-24-06: BIG RKC Monday Night Meet: RICHARDSON<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->

The time has come for the next big evolution of the RKC Monday night GTG!

I have been watching with amazement as the meet has grown to almost 250 cars each week, and seen the problems that such a large amount of vehicles can create. People love the meet, but they complain of the parking situation. Police love our behavior, but the too complain that we pose fire hazards, and are to crammed to be safe in the event of an emergency. I knew that the day would soon come that the meet would have to be moved. But I didn’t wait for that day.

Three weeks ago I began doing research with local business owners and city’s to find where the best location for a meet would be. I decided that I wanted somewhere along central expressway to be a more central location for Dallas, as well as attract better cars and have more quality establishments and parking lots. I finally decided that the new meet would be at HUMPERDINKS in RICHARDSON.

The management of humperdinks went out of their way to accommodate me and the attendees of my meets. Not only could they legally provide a well lit, huge parking lot, but they would go further to have amazing food and drink specials. A full kitchen until 1:45am each night, perfect parking, more room, and a better location. What more could I ask for?

I finalized everything with the city of Richardson, local business owners and the upper management of humperdinks, and as of last week I knew we were ready to roll. I had planned to create a new “Thursday Night Meet” at this location, but have now decided to move it to replace the MONDAY night meet.

So, please do NOT go back to the old garland location at beltline and I-30. The chief of police there has assisted me in ensuring that there were no problems, and will have a few cars there the 24th to inform stray cars of where the new meet is. If you would, please tell your friends about the location change so that we can make sure that everyone makes it over ok without any confusion.

The new meet is at HUMPERDINKS in RICHARDSON from 8:30 to 11:30pm, but the bar and restaurant is open until 1:45am. They have a huge out-door patio, and the entire main dining room is RESERVED for US every Monday night from now on after 11pm. It is very nice, the food is amazing, and extremely affordable thanks to the special meet food specials, which include 50% hamburgers and 15% off any other item!

The meet rules are the same, and the much more aggressive Richardson police will be attending this meet to keep order. We have an understanding that we are for the most part very well behaved in the parking lot, and they will be there to assist me deal with ANY trouble makers.

Now in its third re-incarnation, the RKC Monday night meet will continue to serve the communion of automotive enthusiasts in the North Texas region. Thank you all for making it what it is. You will LOVE the new location. See you Monday.

rkcmongtg1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)