4 bolt crank pulley ?

JohnL

Apr 16, 2019
Fairbanks, AK
Hey all, new here. I'm in the process of swapping out a new built up 302 roller everything into my wife's 66 coupe with a 289 in it. My new motor has the 4 bolt crank pulley balancer. What 4 bolt pulley do I need to still use the accessories from her 66 289 3 bolt crank. I want to make sure the two betls line up. It's an AC car, but we don't have the AC on it and probably won't replace it for a long time. SO a 3 groove pulley will be fine. But a 2 groove would also do me well. Any help on that would be appreciated.

John

• Sponsors (?)

I ran into that issue with my 68 coupe. I ended up going with this balancer https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pfs-80007/overview/make/ford that let me keep the old style alternator, belts, pulleys ( including the old 3 bolt crank pulley. This balancer is drilled and tapped for the 3 bolt pulley and the 4 bolt pulley ) and brackets that would have been on the 68 302. I kept the old style water pump and timing cover too. If you buy an aftermarket balancer make sure you get the 50 oz one.