4 Bolt wheels on 1967 Coupe V8?

Uppertorso

Jan 15, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I am an experienced Honda guy, so my Ford knoledge is not as strong as it should be. I am going to look at a 1967 Mustang Coupe, and it is coming with a 289 and C4, and it also has bench seats in the front (I am told that is rare). The body is a mess, but the rest appears to be salvagable (from the picture).

Question #1: Did any V8 models come with a 4 bolt hub? Or is this car a V6 model and someone swaped in a 269? I do have a serial number converter and I will check it when I see the car, but I would like to know if any v8's came with the 4 bolt.

Question #2: Is there anything in particular I should be looking at on this model...maybe something that appears to be easy but is very hard to obtain parts or is very expensive...any input would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking, and thanks in advance for posting any advise.
:canada:

• Sponsors (?)

Heres a picture....if that helps any.

Attachments

• 8444b1c_20.jpg
    8444b1c_20.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 94
it means you need to change the entire drive train system. 4 bolt is not strong enough to hold up to a v8 and it will break. You need to get a ford 8 or 9 inch rear end for a V8. Someone did a cheap job and and put a V8 in and didnt convert it to a 5 lug system