400HP 2V N/A....Going back to my roots....

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the suggestion, i will check them out. I had a quick question about one of your previous post talking about the spacer under the plenum and your CAI. When you used a thru the fender CAI did you use a metal tube version like the BBK CAI or something to fabricated? The spacer under the plenum elbow i assume was to straighten the flow into the manifold? is 1/2" enough or is more required in your tests? By the way there is an group on facebook dedicated to the 5.4 swap and I have seen a guy in Texas Matt Heyes talk about fabbing manifolds. I think his shop is "never Enuff Performance?"

My plan is to use 93 with VP additive or mix race gas with 93. I also have av-gas at my disposal to mix but not much data on the blend rates for those. I have a non return system so E-85 may not work for me until i get such a system from my understanding. E-85 would be cheaper to run most likely. I do have a small N2o kit that i plan to try once i get everything sorted out.

Also...with the flat tops...are you running race gas or e85....may be needed with that set up or use torco fuel additive with 93...will be needed since you are around 12 to 1 cr
My plan is to use 93 with VP additive or mix race gas with 93. I also have av-gas at my disposal to mix but not much data on the blend rates for those. I have a non return system so E-85 may not work for me until i get such a system from my understanding. E-85 would be cheaper to run most likely. I do have a small N2o kit that i plan to try once i get everything sorted out

So I almost pulled the trigger on the GT500 5.8l block.... was going through a list of parts needed then ran into the intake issue.....PI intake is not a direct bolt on....the have adapter plates but these are back ordered as well.....plus the issue of injector location as adapter plates are just extenders...if they make an adapter plate that mounts the injectors in the same place then this would work....but would still add more runner length which is not ideal.....5.4 truck intake is out of the question.

Ideally, if you could use an adapter plate on the victor Jr intake the added runner length would be perfect...but same concept of mounting injectors in correct location...

I have found 1 build where they cut in half the Victor JR and the welded a cross section in the middle...would allow for way more plenum volume but would have to build a plate to mount to top of intake....or...have a custom plenum made using sheetmetal ....MHS has the victor with sheet metal intake with 95mm tb....but would also need to use plates or cut/fabricate....

If this is the route the custom fabricate option would be the best method to take care and support the add 70 cubic inches.....

Once again...those intakes are listed but backordered....sux..

So other options I have been exploring are superchargers ......did some research and the best options are self contained centri like procharger, Paxton, ect....great top end power...

Main option is the Tork Teck Kit to use any 03/04 style supercharger....this would work best as the KB kit for the 2v has issues with high boost on #5 cylinder....pick that tip up from my tuner...same with some other kits made for 2v roots specific....just the way the manifold bolts up and how the supercharger sits designed to keep under stock hood....the tork tech eliminates that problem but you still need a new hood with that one...

Centri is the best probably for my high stall auto per some engine builders advise depending on boost levels...I would love the low end TQ of a roots though...
Check with Matt Hayes at Never Enough Performance Racing. He has had pics on Facebook showing intakes he has made or modified including the Boss 290 version from Austrailia i believe. He is a good guy from what i can see on a lot of the 2v and 4v facebook pages. Look him up, its worth a shot, if he cant do it he will probably know who can..

I used the Anderson Ford power pipe....I cut the pipe so the MAF is exactly 18 inches from the intake...reason being is the signals from the MAF to the TPS works best in that range....I then used/modified the pipe to route in the fenderwell past the maf...

Reactions: 1 user
The phanolic spacer provides just a little more plenum volume but not noted if it actually adds any more HP or not really...but with better breathing engines or larger displacement...more air flow will be needed.... for example...the 78mm BBK combo added power with high compression and bigger cams but may not add much on smaller cams and stockish set ups....281 cu is pretty anaemic so once you get your combo able to take advantage of higher top end power then it is worth it...

Reactions: 1 user
I appreciate any car and power levels as an fyi....I remember everyone used to bash some of my old friends from el paso and Charlotte NC areas....Honda civic with 500hp, srt4 with 580hp and 90 model eagle talons ...had 4 cars with 600 to 1000hp power levels.....but they kicked everyone's butt back in the day.....the car that impressed me the most was dragonfab racing with its twin engine v6 with a single turbo on each...Tiburon car ran 9.8s on street tires with each engine putting down 355 to 357hp..

Still frustrated trying to resource parts...so just continuing to clean and paint undercarriage and supporting parts for now....getting ready to order seats and rail extenders...cleaning up interior to install new acc carpet and painted parts...car will be show ready this season and ready for the next direction for power plant depending on route I chose...

Just ignore nightfire...he is anti 2v na ..
.. but running 11.60s all motor and low 10s with 150 shot I cannot complain...and I obviously dont know what I am talking about.....
Yeah he doesnt bother me, he's just another crowd follower that doesnt understand that the fun of hot rodding is doing what you want with your own stuff. Its actually kind of amusing to see this thread get him so riled up. Personally i always thought these forums were to help each other out but it seems like alot of them are full of guys like him. Oh well each to his own I suppose.

My plan is to use 93 with VP additive or mix race gas with 93. I also have av-gas at my disposal to mix but not much data on the blend rates for those. I have a non return system so E-85 may not work for me until i get such a system from my understanding. E-85 would be cheaper to run most likely. I do have a small N2o kit that i plan to try once i get everything sorted out.
I would try Torco....seems to be what everyone uses fo power adders and high compression...they have great charts for mixing with various octanes.... basically mix 1 can with 7 gallons of 93 octane and you will be at 100 octane or seven basis point increase...

Nothing BS on facts and theoretical builds my friend...I never said 281 cu 2v would be easy to hit 400hp...or even put out unrealistic goals....just mostly facts and some possibilities with builds less taken...I base all my numbers on research and testing .... that's why I am open to other builds and ideas...just sharing my findings, results, and what I have learned....if you are claiming my car didnt run what I said I run then do some research on me on my screen name...you will find posts on all different forums going back 17years...I even had some companies send me parts to test back in the day and have a ton of dyno charts, track times, and references... reach out to Pro Dyno and talk with Dan about SGT Ed...he will tell you a bunch of stories....lol...I just find it funny you are still here criticizing someone trying to help and educate others...you are comical...

So I have been looking at multiple options for my power plant....pricing all options is about building a reliable engine as I dont want to redo things moving forward....

Options are:

1. Resleeve my aluminum block to 5.0l...
L&M offers a resleaving service for 1900.00...the could build and resleeve my engine to a 5.3l stroker and gave everything done right...use my current TFS heads and custom cam profile but limited to .575 lift...could put down 390 to 430rwhp depending on correct parts and matching.....I would estimate 410 to tires with 11.5 cr or 420 to 430 with 12 to 1 and e85....would be about 6k to have everything machined and I assemble or about 8k to have it professionally done....

Option 2...
Use my current set up and go supercharger.......was looking into tork teck terminator kit and blowers...could get a used ported cobra eaton for 850 from local guy...stage 4 stag...would need blower cams and new springs....everything would cost around 5800 to 7k with injectors and bigger maf...I could use my current pump and 90mm maf but would be limited to 500hp...engine is already built so easy route to go....

Torque would be great but could also go centrifugal which would probably perform better with a high stall auto and have more top end....car is already a beast off the line so 5 to 7k for this route as well..

Option 3..

Gt500 5.8 aluminum block....add 70 cubes and use current heads with some upgrades and limited to .575 lift or source new TFS R heads and have them upgraded....I sourced parts for the 5.8 block and could get all the parts for around 7 to 8k...or have a professional shop build one for around 10 to 11k...all depends on internals used but I want lightweight and forged....potential 440hp to 500hp depending on head and cam profile used...but lightweight and 5.8 so short runner intakes would work good with this combo....only real challenge is building a custom intake...total build with new heads and custom parts...17 to 20k...little costly but unique and keep same supporting components..