5.0 Bolt On Dyno Results

Definately, and beleive me, if i had the means, i would definately do it. with the afr's/trick flows/RHS/Victor heads and the heat/systemax/performer rpm/bbk intake manifolds. and also show the difference before and after porting and polishing. With a spread sheet or write up like that, the post by newbs asking the same questions repeatedly would go down significantly

Hopefully one of these days, someone with loads of extra dough and a love for fox's would do something like this...

I'd love to see that, but unfortunately, if you do the math, you'll see pretty quickly that it would be pretty much impossible.

Assuming you only use ONE type of head manufactured by each one of those companies, and let's say you only experimented with 3 different cam grinds...

5 heads X 4 intakes X 3 cams = 60 total combinations. Now do it all over again, but in ported form, and you've got 120 different combos.

Even then, we're ignoring parts like the Trick Flow R and Box intakes, the Eddie Victor intake, carb-style EFI intakes, a jizzillion cam grinds, a jizziliion CNC ported heads, different exhaust headers, throttle bodies, MAF meters, etc, etc. What about different compression ratios? Rocker arms? Oils? Electric water pumps VS conventional?

It's amazing when you think about it, the sheer availability for parts for the SBF. It's part of what makes it so badass!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)