5.0 diesel titan engine into a 2006-2009 mustang

Can it be done or not

• Yes, let's see it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stanggame

Dec 2, 2018
Raleigh
I'm trying to figure if this is possible seeing that the cobra (gt500) of that year has greater displacement that the 5.0 Cummings and can it be done and estimates in price I know it will be pricey but can it be done with the automatic transmission seems like a small set up but I want to know if I can find a wrecked truck and make a demon love child I wanted to keep it Ford and put the new 4.4l v6 diesel that's coming out but for now I'm working with the here and what I have to use

• Sponsors (?)

You can do anything if you have the money to spend...only you know how much is too much. I did a quick search for motors at www.car-part.com...you can have a screaming Ford Modular for the entering price of a used 5.0 Cummins (not factoring transmission price). Lots of controls, computers, sensors, etc needed to keep the new diesels happy...but I assume you know that. Have fun!

Last edited:
5.0 Cummings
cumminslo_10108212.jpg

I'm trying to figure if this is possible seeing that the cobra (gt500) of that year has greater displacement that the 5.0 Cummingse

Internal displacement doesn't mean a thing. A 4.6L V8 in a 1996 Mustang GT has larger external dimensions than the 5.0L V8 from the 1995 model (The 4.6 was nearly as big as a 460cid/7.5L V8 in the F250 from the same year externally).

That 5.0L Cummins is a big son of a gun. Easily as big or bigger than the 5.4L in an S197 GT500.

Diesel engines are going to be bigger than you're expecting if you're simply looking at displacement. The 3.0L Ecodiesel in the Ram 1500 is about the same size as the 5.7L Hemi in the same truck. The 5.9L Cummins I6 is nearly twice as heavy, much longer, and nearly as wide as it's old 5.9L Dodge V8 counterpart, and a 6.0L Ford Powerstroke is a massive sucker for such a small displacement. You're not taking into account the thicker block castings, the more robust materials, the sheer weight of diesel components, and the extra components (such as the lift pump and turbo) that aren't there on most gasoline engines.