5.0 falls on its face

Hello . this is a PLEASE HELP!
1991 MUSTANG GT CONVERTABLE.
HAD HEAD GASKET DONE ( DIDNT NEED TOO)
NEW WIRES
NEW DISTRIBUTOR
NEW PLUGS
NEW COIL. NEW MAP SENSOR NEW FUEL PUMP,
OK IDLES ROUGH, WHEN YOU STEP ON IT TAKES OFF THEN DIES, CHOKING OUT,,,,ITS FUEL INJECTED, WITH SUPERCHARGER.
BEFORE I WASTE A GALLON OF GAS TO BURN THIS CAR, CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

How did she run before all that work? Was all the work done at once? Who did the work? Did they tune it?

Reactions: 1 user
NEW WIRES
NEW DISTRIBUTOR
NEW PLUGS
OK IDLES ROUGH, WHEN YOU STEP ON IT TAKES OFF THEN DIES, CHOKING OUT,,,,ITS FUEL INJECTED, WITH SUPERCHARGER.
So I guess you wasted a gallon of gas? How high was the flames? Did you toast any marshmallows? We are all waiting for the pics.

0502210902a.jpg

If you REALLY want to burn the car to the ground, I can come down and trailer it to my place. Then I'd have a parts car..... :jester:

Seriously though, I'd lean more toward an ignition issue. What is the timing set at? Was it timed with the spout connector removed?

If you REALLY want to burn the car to the ground, I can come down and trailer it to my place. Then I'd have a parts car..... :jester:

Seriously though, I'd lean more toward an ignition issue. What is the timing set at? Was it timed with the spout connector removed?
Not certain spout timing , but told 16 degrees,

You really need to do some troubleshooting first before throwing parts at it.

Did you pull the engine codes? Did you perform the cylinder balance test? If not, do those first.

What are you running for fuel pressure?

What mods are on this car other than the supercharger? Please be detailed. Did the car ever run well, or has it always had issues?

Not being a jerk here but it sounds like you should really find someone who knows these cars that can take a look at it. Maybe a mustang club member near you or a mustang specialty shop? With all of the things you listed that were changed and a vague description of why they were changed I think this would be your best bet to get it running right.

Did you pull the engine codes? Did you perform the cylinder balance test? If not, do those first.

What mods are on this car other than the supercharger? Please be detailed. Did the car ever run well, or has it always had issues?
Thanks , for help, yes car did run great, we are only owner since it was new, sat for 4 years never moved, getting reader obd 1 ,
Like a jack arse , just wanted it fixed, semi retired, and thought hell , old technology surely easy fix, NOT..
will google the fuel pressure , imagine its on the fuel rail, should have valve. Where,,, lol ill google,
To change injectors plenum must be removed correct?

Super charger is only mod I'm aware of
Not being a jerk here but it sounds like you should really find someone who knows these cars that can take a look at it. Maybe a mustang club member near you or a mustang specialty shop? With all of the things you listed that were changed and a vague description of why they were changed I think this would be your best bet to get it running right.
Agreed

NEW WIRES
NEW DISTRIBUTOR
NEW PLUGS

Dump codes sticky

Look at the top of the 5.0 Tech forum where the sticky threads are posted. One of them is how to dump the computer codes. Codes may be present even if the CEL (Check Engine Light) isn’t on. You don’t need a code reader or scanner – all you need is a paper clip, or if your lady friend has a hair pin, that will do the job.
I highly suggest that you read it and follow the instructions to dump the codes. http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/how-to-pull-codes-from-eec4.889006/