5.0 Fox converted to SL Mercedes?

• Sponsors (?)

There was a kit sold a while back that did this. Haven't seen it in a few years. Looks pretty close to a real SL...minus the interior.

The roll bar on that car ruins it, otherwise i would think it was nicely done.

Who would waste that time on a pre-'03 Benz anyway? :notnice:

Even if it did look better, it's still a $100 body with a $10 interior. I love my Fox, but come on.

I almost put a 5.0 in MY mercedes...

IMHO,
a real Mercedes body is way way way better than a real Ford body, and a real Ford engine is way way way better than a real Mercedes engine!! 5.0 in a real Benz, now ur talkin!

How do I know, I have both!

When you replace door panels on the Mercedes, parts dont break. If you want to restore the door feel, you can replace a mechanism for $20 that will make the door feel solid again. Mercedes bodies rock. When I wanted new 10 holes for my fox...obsolete....when I wanted a new door sill for my fox...obsolete....new piece of chrome trim for my 82 Benz? not cheap but available next day!

I won't preach on the benefits of a 5.0 Ford drivetrain here!

Not to self promote my goods or anything, but if someone want an ultimate swap they can buy my Mercedes I have for sale, AND I will throw in at no charge a 55K mile 5.0 complete engine (original owner, my moms, I can verify), AND a rebuilt with lentech guts and valve body AOD! Perfect for a swap! And when done you will have a Mercedes engine and transmission to sell for some good $$$!!!!

I almost did this swap myself but I didn't want to get a divorce.

Here's the link for my Benz.

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=217898