5.0 Fuel Injection

I'm thinking of installing a 5.0 with the fuel injection into a 65 fast back. I am looking for any suggestions on how to design the fuel system. Specifically what kind of pump set up. Any ideas or personal experience feedback would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

there are a few ways to go. you can adapt an in tank fuel pump like modern cars do, or you can use a low pressure pump near the tank, run the line to a quality fuel filter, and then to a high pressure pump to feed the injectors. you will need a return line also. you can run that into the tank, or you can run it to a point between the tank and the low pressure pump. i prefer the latter choice as it makes the plumbing easier.

Fascinating, I have seen high pressure external pumps used, like in Edelbrock's kits, but never a low pressure pump that feeds the high pressure pump. What is the advantage if using this set up?

it provides a constant stream of fuel to the high pressure pump. remember that a high pressure fuel pump is great at putting out pressure, but short on the ability to pull fuel from the tank, which is why the factory is putting the fuel pump in the tank, as well as using the fuel to cool the pump. my 84Tbird V6 had a low pressure pump in the tank, and a high pressure pump on the frame rail just ahead of the rear tire.