5.0 stroker kit

ooraceredgt

Feb 28, 2003
i purchased a 5.0 stroker kit to rebuild with my stock block. the person rebuilding the engine says the crank won't work. the kit came with everything including the crank. will a 3.75 stroker crank not work in a stock 4.6 block? whats up. some input would be appreciated.:shrug: :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

i purchased a 5.0 stroker kit to rebuild with my stock block. the person rebuilding the engine says the crank won't work. the kit came with everything including the crank. will a 3.75 stroker crank not work in a stock 4.6 block? whats up. some input would be appreciated.:shrug: :shrug:

He must have been afraid to bring out the die grinder. The 3.75 crank won't fit a stock 2V block, not without you taking out a little material on the block for one of the crank journals. It is such a minor amount that needs to be taken off so the crank will pass by. It's very simple and you'lll see which one once you set the crank in the block. You will also need a 12 point 12mm deep socket for the fourth main cap if you are using ARP studs which, if you are building the motor right, you better damn well do instead of wasting your time again later. It's the main cap that the oil pickup is attached to. Try finding one of those damn sockets at the local hardware store, for some reason they are a pain to get a hold of, real oddball size. You need it just to torque down that one stud and you will probably never use that socket again in your life.

can you be a little more specific about what grinds? it doesn't need to be taken to a machine shop? i just don't want to risk any damage to the crank or block by doing this.