5.3l lsx in 65 stang

• Sponsors (?)

The real question is Why?

A 408 will make more hp/tq and will be cheaper.

Or if your looking for a small ci engine then go the 331/347 route. Can easily make 400-450hp.

It's because Chivy motors break the laws of physics and make WAAAAY more power than any Ford ever could! I'm surprised you didn't know that! It's always been true of every SBC and now that they did their clean sheet of paper redesign to be more like a small block Ford it's even more true!

:rolleyes:

ok so what i was asking was more aimed at whether it'd fit between the shock towers or if i'd have to do a m2 type setup. also what would be the best way to mount the motor?

reasons to do the swap
- easy and cheaper 6 spd
- easy FI
- 300 bhp
- stock motor with boost can easily make 550+ HP
- h/c/i all motor 425+ HP
- no need for an $1800 aftermarket block if you wanna make serious power
- average price for low mileage complete motor, throttle body to oil pan with harness and ecm is around $750

i understand why some say no way, but honestly my car is no where near original, so i think it is probly the lowest dollar highest performance route. remember this is just an idea i havent started anything yet

ok so what i was asking was more aimed at whether it'd fit between the shock towers or if i'd have to do a m2 type setup. also what would be the best way to mount the motor?

I would recommend physically measuring the motor or asking somebody who has one for sale. You're asking a board full of 289/302/351W/351C/390/427/428/429/460 owners the specifics of a 5.3 Chevy delivery van motor.

The best way to mount the motor would be with engine mounts attached to the chassis.

reasons to do the swap
- easy and cheaper 6 spd
- easy FI
- 300 bhp
- stock motor with boost can easily make 550+ HP
- h/c/i all motor 425+ HP
-I like Chevy motors better than Fords
- no need for an $1800 aftermarket block if you wanna make serious power
- average price for low mileage complete motor, throttle body to oil pan with harness and ecm is around $750

i understand why some say no way, but honestly my car is no where near original, so i think it is probly the lowest dollar highest performance route. I also didn't read above where people explained to me why this will cost much more and not perform better than a Fordremember this is just an idea i havent started anything yet

Fixed. :D

Seriously, though - if you want to do this, you could consider going to the junkyard with a pen and paper and a note pad. Or search on the internet for Chivy forums and ask those people.

You think putting a Chivy in a Ford is low dollar high performance? ...and you think you're putting in EFI and a 6 speed for cheap? What cheap wrecked car are you going to buy? I would be surprised if really will be low dollar for you, unless in reality you are a harder worker than you seem to be reading through this thread.

If you want low dollar, just shop for your wrecked parts car. When you find it, check the width versus your engine compartment. You might also do your best to check the factory exhaust on this car to see if it will fit. If it's ok, then buy the wrecked car and start pulling parts for your car. You should be able to sell parts off the wrecked car and make some of your purchase price back. The motor mounts will have to be fabbed up. Just set the engine and tranny where you want them with the correct angles and height and then fab up brackets that go from the front subframes to the engine. Modify either the Chivy or the Ford brackets if you want to keep rubber vibration damping. You may have to modify the oil pan to clear steering and suspension. You may have to fab up your own headers. Coolant hoses - you may want to hang onto the cooling system from the original car and make sure you know what you're going to do before junking it. I would also recommend you keep every sensor unless you are certain that you won't need it. Go through the wiring harness of the wrecked car wire by wire to clean it up and figure out which wires to keep and which to clip. Depending on the original car, there may be some computer tuning needed, but you can probably find a local tuner to help you. It's a big project, but I'm sure you'll have fun if that's what you enjoy.

I knew this was going to happen, the moment i mention chevy everybody loses all interest in looking at the real facts. my original goal of this thread was in no way to start a pissing match as to whats better Chevy or Ford, but is it so unthinkable that a chevy in this situation could better suit my needs/goals.

Did i not just mention that for under $1000 you can get a turnkey 5.3l with all necessary parts for FI. i am already planning on doing either the new aje or m2 front suspension setup so that takes care of all my motor fitment issues.

You guys are plugging away at the 351w based strokers route which has its valid strong points but theres no way that you can tell me that your gonna have a 600hp+ turnkey ready to run combo for less then the LSX route.

And to be honest i really have a strong preferance for FORD motors but in this case with the prices and availability of LSX parts it seems as though it may be from a performance stand point the better way to go.

My original thoughts were to do a single turbo blowthrough 302 which would put me at around 500rwhp give or take, which would put the motor into block splitting territory. If using a 302 i would run a t5. I figure to get that combo running i'd be into it for between $3500-$4500

Now for the darkside of things- Figure you start with a 5.3l or for $400 more step up to the 6.0l, throw basically the same priced turbo kit plus have all the advantages of FI. The option of a t56. Power levels would be in the 600+ range and it could be done in pretty much the same budget.

Just food for thought
morgans20bfs20010.jpg

mustang20fender20003.jpg

mustang20fender20007.jpg

Recent pics of my car
drivetub1.jpg

drivetub2.jpg

passtub1.jpg

passtub2.jpg