Fox 5 lug conversions

• Sponsors (?)

Your 85 actually has the same as 4 cylinder brakes. The ranger rotors are for changing 87 and up V8 spindles to 5 lug.

I've never heard of special bearings allowing the 5 lug rotors to go on a 4 cylinder spindle. 94 to 98 front spindles are easy to find in the JY around here. That would allow you to use newer style wheels. The ranger rotors are still limited because of the center of the hub sticking out.

The ranger rotors are for changing 87 and up V8 spindles to 5 lug.

Your thinking Mark7/SVO. Those are 10.9” like the V8 87+ brakes.

The ranger rotors are 10” like the older Mustangs and 4cyl. They swap like the mark7 rotors but I’ve read many folks who have had issues with bearings and such fitting them.

Reactions: 1 user
Your thinking Mark7/SVO. Those are 10.9” like the V8 87+ brakes.

The ranger rotors are 10” like the older Mustangs and 4cyl. They swap like the mark7 rotors but I’ve read many folks who have had issues with bearings and such fitting them.

I didn't know there was a 5 lug swap for older and 4 banger spindles. Thanks for the info.

I think it should work. I looked up 85 5.0L front wheel bearing dimensions and 2000 Ranger wheel bearing dimensions (on rockauto). It looks like the OD's of the 85 Mustang and 2000 Ranger are the same (both inner and outer bearings). The ID's are different, so I think you could use your Mustang bearings in the Ranger rotor. I have not tried it, but if the dimensions I found are correct, it should work.

Pick up a used rotor at the wreckers and try.