60 Foot Times

"Just get that 60 foot times down"

I see this all the time when someone posts time for a stock or almost stock car running on stock tires and they are running 2.0 and 2.1 60 foot times.

So what is a GOOD 60 foot time for a stock or almost stock car running on stock tires?

1.9- 2.0 is good for stock tires IMO....Its pretty hard to get lower than that on street tires, but I think a 1.8 is possible??

OK to be exact I have a '00 GT 5 speed and ran a best 60 foot of 2.056 with a 1/4 time of 14.122. My best 1/4 time of 14.097 had a 60 foot time of 2.115. I bought the car used with 53k mile. The only mods I have done is a K&N drop in air filter and a PRO 5.0 shifter. The car had Toya 245-45-17 tires when I get it.

I cut 1.9's on my autox/street setup with 245 street tires I cut a 1.78 on 275/17 MT et street radials on the same suspension setup. If you have power it's easier to get a low 60' time, if you know how to drive, but if your car is slow it's easier to control the wheel spin and cut a decent time.

Is this with stock 3.27:1 gears?

Im sure its not out of the question.... I could imagine it would be harder to get a good 60ft on stock tires with 3.73's or 4.10's than it would with 3.27's because the tires would break loose easier.... Ive only raced at the track on 1 occasion & my 60ft was a 2.2 on street tires, but I have watched & been around it several times, so i know what a good 60ft for a Mustang is....

1.9- 2.0 is good for stock tires IMO....Its pretty hard to get lower than that on street tires, but I think a 1.8 is possible??

i cut a 1.85 on 245 street tires. but my clutch is now done after that. i went to the track yesterday and now my clutch is really slipping let it out all the way and it slips for a bit then grabs. im at 66k on the stock clutch. it def is possible but you really gotta be working that clutch hard.

I cut a 2.16 on 315 Sumitumo's, with 4.10's.

On a mostly stock car I would personally say that it will be easier to cut a better 60' with 3.27's than a numerically higher gear on street tires.

4.10's are aweful trying to get off the line without drag radials. Depends on track prep too though.