64 1/2 Coupe Project

Threepointtwo

Aug 25, 2020
Salt Lake City
I recently picked up a 64 1/2 project car. It came with a 302 out of a 68 and most of the parts. It even came with a box full of brand new Scott Drake goodies. My intent is to restore it to mostly original condition. It is in decent shape but with the usual rusty spots. I managed to fire it up and drive it around the neighborhood with no exhaust and it ran pretty well. It's going to need new floor pans, new rear body panels, new rear rails at least. It has 4 new quarter panels and a new hood so that will save me some time and effort.
IMG_8173.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Looks like a good start...wish my aftermarket driver side fender fit that well(its pretty bad around the cowl area). were those Dynacorn fenders? Just FYI...if it needs floor, you are 90% sure to need a new lower cowl as well.

Just out of curiosity how do you know that it is a 64.5? With original equipment they had some odd bits to them. I have a 65 that was built in August of 64. It isn't a 64.5, and came with an alternator and 289. It still has some odd stuff on it like some of the knobs on the dash, arm rest, and few other things that were parts bin falcon stuff that was common on the 64.5.

Just out of curiosity how do you know that it is a 64.5? With original equipment they had some odd bits to them. I have a 65 that was built in August of 64. It isn't a 64.5, and came with an alternator and 289. It still has some odd stuff on it like some of the knobs on the dash, arm rest, and few other things that were parts bin falcon stuff that was common on the 64.5.
Louvers in front of the battery for extra cooling since it came with a generator, slotted spare tire hold down, the A on the fresh air knob, master cylinder brake light switch. Might be some more stuff there.

Last edited:
Deja Vu...all the little patches and details as you go along add up to a lot of time invested...it did for me anyway. You are working on one thing...then look over and see something else wrong that you have to add to your list and you start to think you will never finish fixing all the issues.

Deja Vu...all the little patches and details as you go along add up to a lot of time invested...it did for me anyway. You are working on one thing...then look over and see something else wrong that you have to add to your list and you start to think you will never finish fixing all the issues.
No kidding. New surprises at every turn. Some are fun and many are not.

What do they know, they all drive unimaginative boring buckets painted various shades of silver.

Awesome it drove around, Score 3 points!

• Agree