'65 Coupe Rear Seat Removal

geordie

Founding Member
May 10, 2002
I want to replace the rear parcel shelf on my '65 Coupe. To do that I believe that I need to remove the rear seat. How do I do this? I know that there are a couple of 'hooks' on the floor, what's the correct sequence of push / pull / shove for a 65 Coupe? Any tips for a clean seat removal / install.

• Sponsors (?)

I know on my 67 i was told to push then pull, but i can do either, its just barely in there. Its two loops that just snap the seat into place. Take your hand and just lift up and it should pop out. Then your back seat may have 2 screws at the bottom holding it in, if so remove them then lift up on the rear seat and remove it. Then you can remove the interior quarter trim. This would be a good opportunity to add the metal divider between back seat and the trunk. .

Thanks guys, easy as pie.
I needed to remove the rear seat in order to be able to replace the package tray. I had purchased a package tray with pre-cut speaker holes. However, needless to say, the speaker holes didn't match the openings in the sheet metal. I previously screwed the speakers to the package tray with some wood screws. I wanted to replace this kludge with a better set up. I recently bought a new package tray with no holes. Last week, I measured and cut new openings in the tray. I then epoxied some # 10-24 screws from the underside of the package tray. Thus, when the tray was installed, the screw threads were visible and allowed me to install the speakers. I also added some Dynamat between the sheet metal and the underside of the package tray. Everything went very well.