65 door adjustment frustration

I'm going crazy with this. The bottom back of the door is sticking out about 1/4".
The upper hinge is out as far as it can go and the lower in as far as it can go. Had it perfect in primer before disassembly for paint
Any suggestions? I thought about shimming the hinge out from the car but it should fit without that

Attachments

• PXL_20211223_230732217.jpg
    PXL_20211223_230732217.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Sponsors (?)

I hate door alignment more than any other panels, and I hate panel alignment in general.

But if you had it perfect in primer, and nothing else changed, don't go adding shims. It'll only present as a new issue with fenders, cowl, and hood.

Did the post that the door latch closes on get removed for paint? I'm guessing that's where you need to adjust, then re-do the hinges.

Reactions: 1 user
Yup you're right. I had the post in as far as it could go, made sense to me. In desperation I moved it outward and the bottom came in considerably. The physics of that makes zero sense to me. It's pretty good now, won't know for sure until I put the fender on.
Thanks for the input

Attachments

• PXL_20211224_175009780.jpg
    PXL_20211224_175009780.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 57
If anything the door is too close to the post but it's as far out as the hinge will allow.
I test fitted the fender and the front of the door has to come up a bit. Got a friend coming over Mon to give me a hand. Even with the door cradle it's a pain to do alone.
The back of the door is pretty good

Yup you're right. I had the post in as far as it could go, made sense to me. In desperation I moved it outward and the bottom came in considerably. The physics of that makes zero sense to me. It's pretty good now, won't know for sure until I put the fender on.
Thanks for the input
Door alignment is voodoo to me, but if you watch enough voodoo ceremonies you can start to think like a witch doctor.

With an extra set of hands we got it all aligned quite nicely. Of course there is still the hood and front to deal with. Have to finish the under hood stuff first.

Attachments

• PXL_20211227_224957314.jpg
    PXL_20211227_224957314.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 53