65 tire / wheel help

My wedge kit is from pro-mototsports. Upper arms were lowered using the steel plate template provided in the kit. I built my car a long while ago. Starting to forget some of the little details.:)

tillerman85 your setup looks very similar to mine. Clearance was fine on the wheel lip itself. My wheels were balanced using a lip mounted clip-on wheel weight on the inside of the wheel. The weight on the passenger side wouldn't seat nicely against the rim (it poked out a little and would spring back when pushed in).

At normal ride height I didn't have any issue. With the wheels turned to lock the weights scrubbed the control arm flange. With the suspension at full droop the weights scrubbed the control arm flange.

Stick on weights would have most likey solved my problem. So did a little work with a grinder.:nice:

Think you will find those VWW wheels to be a pain to keep clean wtih the raw centers. I got so frustrated with mine that I ended up mixing up a custom grey mix w/ a little blue pearl in it and sprayed mine in bc/cc. Just a thought.:)

Thanks for the compliments on my car. Like I said it was done a fair while back, Lots of stuff I would do different nowadays. I recently lost my C-5 vette to an accident, figured I would do a few things to the Mustang instead of replacing the Vette.

I bought my 9" from Currie Ent. It measures spot on to the 8" stock rear.

Think you will be very pleased with the BAER brakes you have pictured.

Used them w/ a hydraboost setup on a '67 Camaro I did some work on. Car stopped as good if not better than my Vette.
doug1022-1.jpg

Attachments

• doug1022-1.jpg
    doug1022-1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 181
  • Sponsors (?)