66 ….289 heads

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 66 with stock 289 ( headers , upgraded dome and carb ) thinking of buying a set of heads to make it work a bit better . Any suggestions, best bang for you buck … Thanks for any help
Are you looking for a major upgrade or just a little more umph? Any of the major aluminum heads are a good upgrade and potentially overkill on a mild engine. Option 2 is find yourself a set of redone 69/70 351W heads. I went aluminum on a not so mild 302 in my 66 coupe and Windsor heads on the 302 in my 65 Falcon. I'm happy with both upgrades.

Are you looking for a major upgrade or just a little more umph? Any of the major aluminum heads are a good upgrade and potentially overkill on a mild engine. Option 2 is find yourself a set of redone 69/70 351W heads. I went aluminum on a not so mild 302 in my 66 coupe and Windsor heads on the 302 in my 65 Falcon. I'm happy with both upgrades.
Just looking to make her work a little better nothing crazy . Just seeing what other ppl have done and got good results…. So many options … thanks tweet66

I did the Eldelbrock package with heads, cam, manifold, carb, w. pump, f.pump, and an MSD.
Been very happy with this setup.

Reactions: 1 user