66 front end camber

Sweetmarie66

Dec 29, 2017
Hey everyone. After replacing the entire front suspension it appears that I have some positive camber issues. The wheels are tipped in a bit at the top. I used the same amount of shims on both sides 1/4 inch ad that the way it was when we disassemble it. I will be having it towed to a shop for a wheel alignment regardless. My question is can I add more shims to get it closer with out disassembling the whole suspension and what would be the correct procedure. Also what do i torque LCA to when the weight of the car is on it. Thanks in advance!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Yes you can. Anytime you replace upper suspension parts especially the control arms then it throws everything off no matter if you use the same shims or not. Any way just loosen the nuts inside the engine bay holding your upper control arm and the take a crowbar or large flathead screwdriver and pry the UPC out. If you take the front tire off or at least jack the front end up then you can easily reach in and behind the spring and UPC and slide the shims in. It helps if you smear some grease on them to hold them together. Make sure you take it to a place that is familiar with aligning classic cars and are familiar with Fords. Find the old guy.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Ok sweet. Thanks Tos. I was freakin out . I'll get it as close as I can. And was able to find a shop here is town that can perform the alignment. And yes he's the original owner of the shop since 1971 so I take his word he's familiar lol