Suspension 66fb Height

• Sponsors (?)

Just rebuilt both frt. &rear suspension. New spr. frt& rear . New bushings,tie rods everything. The rear is dragging, & frt. end is 3in. above the fender. Help...

Are all the parts stock spec? The front height sounds believable, but the rear should be fairly close to the same. Wonder if you were mistakenly supplied with lowering leafs somehow....might need to check part numbers.

Have you rolled the car? Sometimes the front will sit artificially high due the way camber is induced when the car is jacked up. Rolling it a few feet will allow things to normalize.

For the rear, was everything tightened while the car was in the air? Its recommended to leave the shackle bolts a little loose until the car is sitting on its own weight, then go back and finish tightening them up.

302 coupe, my 66fb all parts are stock spec. As for the rear spr. I called total control products and asked them if I received stock height sprs. They said yes. Don't know what u mean by have I rolled the car. Never heard that before. But my frt. end alightment guy, alights the old fashion way. And for the rear spr. shackle bolts. It was in the air. I will loosen, and retight them. Forgot to mention the frt. sprs were 1" lowering coils, that were cut by 1/2 coil. Anyway thanks for helping out. I'll work on 66fb. Got tired of my '66 so driving my '67fb.

you don't know what "rolled the car" means, in the context of "rolling it a few feet"?

something has to be wrong in the front, either the springs are installed improperly, a shock is jammed "full out"....could be several things.

Good luck with it Steve, hope its something simple. Post some pics of inside the front wheelwell, maybe that'll help spot the issue.