67 Brake and clutch assembly

bishop1911

Apr 11, 2005
I need to get some of these new parts. I have an assembly but the clutch pedal is shot, and the assembly bracket is badly damaged. I was just going to buy these new, because I have the brake pedal, but now I am thinking I have the wrong brake pedal. I am going with manual brakes/manual steering, but I can't tell if the brake pedal I have is for manual or power. What is the difference between them and how come I cannot find a manual disc brake pedal for sale anywhere? Only see power, never manual. If I have the wrong brake pedal, I might as well just buy the complete assembly done already. Can someone tell me the difference and if possible post some pics? Thanks.

Jon

• Sponsors (?)

No such thing as manual disc for that year. The power brake pedal is longer. Look at the pedal bracket, there will be two holes where the brake pedal goes. The power pedal goes on the hole closer to the firewall. Since you're doing a clutch pedal too, the manual pedal shaft is in-line with the clutch shaft while the power is on a separate hole.

What exactly are you doing? Drum to disc? Factory parts?

brake/clutch

I got the car and it had disc on all four already, but clearly it was done with the last guy. I guess then I qualify as the "drum to disc" section I think. I basically got a shell, no master cylinder, no indication of power or disc at all.