67 mustang 289 wont start not getting fuel??

85cleangtvert

May 19, 2005
i got a 67 mustang that has been sitting for a while . it is in the end of my driveway which is kind of steep with the back at the bottom. at first i thought it was out of gas. i filled it until it came out the filler tube but it is on the hill so i know its not all the way at the front... im not sure where it should be... after that it still would not get fuel so i just put a new fuel pump. it is still not getting fuel i dont think. the battery died after a few rounds of cranking it. i know it will take a second but how long or many cranks do you think? with the mustang at the bottom of the driveway in the position it is in do you think i will be able to get the gas pumping or do i have to level out the stang more ( put the back on jack stands?). i dont see any leaks in the system anywhere. i have the fuel line off where it connects to the fuel filter right before the carb. sitting in a bottle so i can see if i get any gas out of it and so far nothing... what do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

Try using a clean soda pop bottle, to pour gas straight in to the carb. Your probably lost the prime on your pump. If the car will start and run with a bit of gas directly, it should 'heal' itself rather quickly.