67 mustang coupe hard top weight 302

hey i did a little searching but couldnt come up with anything.. i think it as my search words but not sure.

i am wondering what a 67 mustang coupe weight is with a 302 or a 289 in it.. also it is a hardtop not a vert. so if any one knows that would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm heavier...?

Last time at the track (a few Years ago) mine tipped the scales at 3080 lbs. That included full spare and nearly full gas tank. I did add a bunch of under carpet and firewall insulation (daily driver) when I went through the car a decade ago. Time to put it on a diet. :shrug:

86bluecobra said:
that seems really light. my 5.0L is 3000lbs with fibre glass on it. maybe i should get a classic stang like i have always wanted and through the 351w at it. i thought they were much heavier.

Fox bodies are pigs compared to the classics. There is nothing in a classic to remove for weight except carpet and sound deadener. Everything else is pretty much used :D

86bluecobra said:
that seems really light. my 5.0L is 3000lbs with fibre glass on it. maybe i should get a classic stang like i have always wanted and through the 351w at it. i thought they were much heavier.

Kinda ironic isnt it? Thicker steel body, steel bumpers, steel dash, and still 200-300lbs lighter than the average Fox3. Foxes have alot more wiring(copper=heavy), insulation, accessories, power everything, etc. About the lowest you can get one on the stock unibody is 2800 lbs. My '89 GT was around 3200, but it didnt feel that heavy.

The 71-73 cars are heavier, however.

86bluecobra said:
that seems really light. my 5.0L is 3000lbs with fibre glass on it. maybe i should get a classic stang like i have always wanted and throw the 351w at it. i thought they were much heavier.

you could do it but you most likely not do any better time wise right off the bat ... it would take some suspesion work to pull a 1.60' 60'.

:Damnit: fox bodies so much better than us classic guys

86bluecobra said:
I figured everyone else was quoting ya,.... It's nice, but aerodynamics are less then great and suspension is kinda tough to work with. I wish Ca would get their head outta their ass so i could build a fox street/strip car

lol i don't think i have ever been quoted so much in one thread. i have fiber glass doors and hatch and hood. I even have lexan glass in the rear hatch. mind you i do have a 351w which is a heavy beast and a 10 point roll cage. i wish i was 2800lbs. i guess ill have to get my 270lbs a$$ on a diet to gain another half tenth.