67 mustang turn signal fuse blows

hhead

Founding Member
Jul 13, 2002
so cal
So I've searched a little.
Symptoms: Fuse blows after about ten minutes of driving. No turn signals. Right rear brake lamp out. Hazard flashers work.
I replaced a rear bulb that was bad. I've checked under dash for brake switch wiring problems: none.
I've read about the turn signal flasher. And to get a HD one. Will this cause my fuse to blow after ten minutes, but not right away?
Or the turn signal switch? It's doesn't turn off after a turn. It does stay up or down when activated.
I took the horn and steering wheel off to get a look at the turn switch. Can't see anything out of the ordinary.

ymptoms: Fuse blows after about ten minutes of driving. No turn signals.

Right rear brake lamp out.
Not fused

Hazard flashers work.
I replaced a rear bulb that was bad. I've checked under dash for brake switch wiring problems: none.
Wanna bet?

I've read about the turn signal flasher. And to get a HD one. Will this cause my fuse to blow after ten minutes, but not right away?
No. Only effects the speed of blink.

Or the turn signal switch? It's doesn't turn off after a turn. It does stay up or down when activated.
TS switch is hosed. Or maybe you have bogus steering wheel?

I took the horn and steering wheel off to get a look at the turn switch. Can't see anything out of the ordinary.
You can't see a bad connector or pressure spring.