'68 backup light switch location?

jerthemost

Sep 9, 2012
i have a 68 mustang coupe with c4 transmission. My backup light switch is not making contact. i know it is mounted on the trans somewhere but does anyone know if it can be accessed from inside the car or do i have to go under the car to get to it? At my age crawling under cars is a pain literally.

• Sponsors (?)

you'll have to get under the car. It is integrated into the neutral safety switch. The wires will run in the engine compartment up your firewall and there is a connector a few inches from the lip at the top slightly towards the drivers side. It has four prongs. You can test there to find where your problem.

you'll have to get under the car. It is integrated into the neutral safety switch. The wires will run in the engine compartment up your firewall and there is a connector a few inches from the lip at the top slightly towards the drivers side. It has four prongs. You can test there to find where your problem.
thanks for the info. i'll take it to my garage and put it on the rack. the switch works if i wiggle the shifter just right so i assume maybe it just needs adjustment. Bythe way i like the pics of your car i just wish i could see them enlarged especially the engine and sub woofer in the trunk pics. Or is that the trunk? i am having a sub and some other things done to mine in a couple weeks and was trying to figure out a good way to mount the sub. anay suggestions? i have a good head-end and good pioneer speakers and 300 amp fosgate amp for those 4 but will be adding a sub or 2 and amp.