Paint and Body 68 Fastback Without Crome On Door Glass?

I'm restomodding 68 Fastback and chrome trim around door glass is shot. I live in Russia so ordering a new trim is going to be expensive because of shipping cost. Have anybody seen/done door glass without trim? Theoretically it shouldn't be a problem but my concern is how it will look and fit weather seals.

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure you could use the factory glass with out the trim because with out the trim the glass would probably be to small in the opening .
The trim around the glass is stainless steel so you should be able to sand out and polish it again .try 180 grit and work your way down to 600 then polish ,when scratches are no longer visible.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure you could use the factory glass with out the trim because with out the trim the glass would probably be to small in the opening .
The trim around the glass is stainless steel so you should be able to sand out and polish it again .try 180 grit and work your way down to 600 then polish ,when scratches are no longer visible.
Thanks for the tip, I tried to fit a glass without trim and you are correct, it leaves gaps in the corner and near front top edge. Good to know that it's stainless steel - polishing is something I can do!

Reactions: 1 user