69 302 with 6 rib pulleys?

Ericfixs

Aug 15, 2018
I I have a 63 ford falcon it was stock with a 6 cyl. And someone put in a 302. Not sure what year. The alternator and gooseneck match a 69 mustang. Anyways. Someone put in a electric water pump. Car is running hot. I have a electric fan. With the electric water pump. My alternator can't keep up with the drain of the fan and pump. Along with the overheating issue. I am looking to replace the electric fan and pump. With original mechanical ones. I have 6 rib alternator pulley. With 6 rib crank pulley. I can not find the correct water pump pulley. I am going crazy trying to find a 6 rib water pump pulley, For a 302. Am I wrong that it came out of a mustang? There is no A/C or power steering. So I need a pulley with 6 grooves. I would really appreciate any help.

Attachments

• 20180815_184426.jpg
    20180815_184426.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 156
  • Sponsors (?)

Looks like a fox length crank, fox reverse rotation WP with accompanying pulley. Pulley will be smooth.
Ebay search turns up lots of results. Can also find them in the jy.

It's not a reverse rotation pump. The crank turns clockwise. And unless I am mistaking. With just a alt, pump, and crank pulley the pump will spin clockwise as well.

which timing cover does that looks like he has? Are the early standard rotation and the reverse rotation different? The cap on the gooseneck bypass outlet caught my attention...

I am not an expert by any means but my research has lead me to believe it's a universal timing cover. The timing marker location. With the oil dipstick, and spot for a mechanical fuel pump. Has lead me to believe it's a universal cover

It is not tbe crank that is reverse rotation ,it would be the water pump that is reverse rotstion . It looks like you have the 5.0 pulley on the crank shaft . You need to check the numbers on the engine block above the starter ,this is probably a roller cam motor .