69 Mach 1 value?

ShadyRascal

Aug 2, 2004
Hi guys, there is a 69 Mach 1 390 C6 car for sale in my town I'm looking at. Body is perfect as glass, good newer paint, never molested. An old man owns it. Engine rebuilt, doors don't sag at all and shut like a bank vault, the interior is pretty nice--no torn up seats etc. No rust of any kind anywhere (Montana car). Guy wants 12 grand. Any opinions? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Ozsum2 said:
Sounds like a good deal, but a Montana car with no rust sounds a little fishy.
I don't know about that. Montana is pretty dry, and they don't use salt on the roads in low population areas. I grew up in North Dakota, and cars didn't rust there (edit: at least they rusted very slowly).

But you're right, any car that old is probably not all original. If it's been driven, some work has probably been done on it.

Hack said:
I don't know about that. Montana is pretty dry, and they don't use salt on the roads in low population areas. I grew up in North Dakota, and cars didn't rust there (edit: at least they rusted very slowly).

But you're right, any car that old is probably not all original. If it's been driven, some work has probably been done on it.

I guess it depends on what part of Montana. I lived in East Glacier Park for a spell and it was plenty wet there. It's not really the salt, it's time.