7 up Mustang

• Sponsors (?)

Unfortustly there isn’t any easy way other than verifying it has the right bits and pieces.

Door tag is the best way. The color codes of the interior, exterior and top are unique to the model

F69274F9-9084-4627-92F6-4B8EFFC23FCC.png

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the information. I was aware of the door tag. I was hoping there might be some information concerning the VIN, guess not. I do appreciate your quick response and guidance!

Nope. No VIN info. These were never really serialized.

But like I said, the color of the exterior, interior and top are unique to this model only, so it's as best as you will get if the door tag shows the correct info.

Production of these cars started in December of 1989, with only two cars being built. Full production began February 2, 1990 with the final car being built May 29, 1990 so your build date must be within this time frame for it to be a real 7UP. Here is my door tag. Build date 2/90

nYTJ6D.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Does the VIN start with "1FACP44E_LF" (1990 5.0L LX convertible) and is the paint code on the door tag and buck tag "PA" (Deep Emerald Green Clearcoat Metallic)? Then it is a 'Limited Edition LX 5.0L Convertible' aka "7-UP".