$700 84.5 GT350

BladeX10

Mar 6, 2009
Might as well post up my car. Its a project exterior wise but the engine is pretty much daily driver material. It has a clean title and has 80,098 original miles. Got it for 700 bucks in December.

heres the day i got it:

11-25-08_car-1.jpg

Here are some semi old pictures:
0210091102b.jpg

0210091103a.jpg

0210091103b.jpg

heres the newest and only picture i got:

0314091831.jpg

after i finish cleaning up the interior and finish painting the back bumper.. I'll post some updated pictures. :)

heres a crappy youtube video.. It was in the middle of a tune up and it was popping like crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXRpz0plUMU

• Sponsors (?)

Most excellent find! :hail2: The first car I ever had was a 84.5 GT350 auto hatch. I loved that car and wish I still had her. Gonna restore her to original?
What engine does it have?

EDIT: NM, I see its the CFI 5.0 and someone has converted it to dual exhaust.

Looks good for $700! The paint looks like it's seen better days, but not in bad shape for being 25 years old. Solid car otherwise?

Yeah.. Paints definitely seen better days. I'm touching up some of the rough spots until i can get a real paint job this summer. Its a good runner. Just needed a tune up and it was good to go.

Right on! Another '84 CFI car! Welcome, brother! :rock:

Cool to know what my car would sound like, if it had an exhaust that wasn't as quiet as a Crown Vic. :D Has it been swapped to true duals, or does it have a double-Y-pipe setup (duals to single cat to duals ... or single muffler to dual outlets)? Just wondering how they got around the external fuel pump/filter on that setup, or if they went with the single in-tank pump deal...

Its just a single muffler to dual outlets. :p

The car is starting to look a bit nicer now.. Got the back bumper all painted up now.. Cowl panel back on.. Side of the door repainted.. Looks alot better. Pretty soon ill have to tear down the whole car and get it painted professionally.

I had one before also and I could kick my ass for selling it. Mine had a sun roof in it though and it was in about the same condition as yours when I first got it. It was my first Mustang, found it in the back of a car lot in Dallas. We stopped to look at another car and walked passed a wooden fence and just glanced through it and saw the front end. The sales man came out and asked what car we were looking at and I said I want the one in the back behind that fence. lol.. We gave him some cash to hold it and came back a few times to put tires on it , new battery, and a few little things then it cranked up. I think I paid about $1,000 for it too. It was a cool car and I sold it for around $3,000 I believe. Great find on you car, it is a good collector car.