72 Mach Ram Air question

Ok, so remembering back in the day of my first Mustang (a 71, I bought in 76), the first thing I did was take off the heat shroud with the riser to the air filter box. Now, I want to add a functional ram air, and the snorkel comes with the vacuum door for the heat on my 72. #1, is it necessary to get the proper function of the ram air, or just ignore it? Obviously the whole purpose of ram air is cold air...

• Sponsors (?)

The door for heat is usually on the air cleaner tube (same one none ram air cars used for all air) to allow warm air into engine until engine warms up. The vacuum flapper on the air cleaner lid was to open a full throttle only. At idle there was enough vacuum to close the flapper.

Could you run full ram air at all times, sure. The only time it could be an issue would be a cold morning, but only until engine warms up (and heat air in the intake before combustion).

Reactions: 1 user
The door for heat is usually on the air cleaner tube (same one none ram air cars used for all air) to allow warm air into engine until engine warms up. The vacuum flapper on the air cleaner lid was to open a full throttle only. At idle there was enough vacuum to close the flapper.

Could you run full ram air at all times, sure. The only time it could be an issue would be a cold morning, but only until engine warms up (and heat air in the intake before combustion).
Does anyone make a retrofit that you know of? My car has header tubes now.