'79 wiring diagram or help

79dog

Founding Member
Oct 26, 2002
Sunny Fl.
Hey guys its been a while. But its time to fire this up. Does anyone have a 79 wiring diagram or would be willing to help me out with pics? I haven't messed with this car for a few years and I'm confused. Thx..............

• Sponsors (?)

Thank you, that sure is easier to read than my haynes book. But I'm still lost. Coming out of the drivers side firewall is the main electrical line that goes to the duraspark box. At almost the same spot where the connection goes to the duraspark box there is another connection that is a 8 plug connection. I'm thinking that went to the a/c unit but I can't remember. I removed the a/c unit 8 or 9 yrs ago. At the same spot there is another 2 wire connection that goes to the brake dist box. That connection fits either way so maybe it don't matter? So I guess the main question is the 8 plug connection. Then one more question..... Coming from the duraspark box I have a connection that has 3 wires that go to the dist. and a green line that has been cut. Did that go to the coil? If so would it be pos. or neg.? Any help would be appreciated..............Thx

Man do I feel stupid here. I guess I should have learned how to read a wire diag. years ago, but I didn't. Maybe I can find someone local who can give me a few lessons. I did find out the DG wire goes to the coil. I still can't find where that 8 pin connection went to. I'm thinking that it went to the temp sensor, oil sensor and maybe the a/c unit. but since I was running machanical temp and oil and eliminated a/c maybe thats why I don't have the other connection.