Electrical #8 fuse power draw

Valicy

Feb 12, 2020
Washington
Anyone have any recommendations of what to check first for a power draw on #8 fuse on a 94 Mustang gt. It's for the radio / entry lights / keyless entry, and power mirrors. When I plug in the fuse I hear a click in the rear where the anti theft module is. The car doesn't have a radio and the power mirrors work fine. The dome light doesn't come on when I open either door and I haven't figured out if it's a sticky latch or what. I'm just not sure how to test the circuit passed the fuse if anyone has any ideas. I don't think it's any of the entry lights because they definitely aren't on but it could be a short in the wiring for them.

Also not sure if I can just unhook the keyless entry because I don't have any key fobs for it.

• Sponsors (?)

You ever figure this out? I have seen so many posts about parasitic draw and these cars with very few solving their issues (at least posting about it). I currently have a 96 Cobra that is drawing .160 amps, I have tracked it to fuse #8 and #16, which I then followed those circuits and found the Remote Keyless Entry Module and Anti Theft Module (LH Trunk) which were the culprits. Unplugging both modules drops the parasitic draw to .009 amps. The last .009 is the fuse that powers the airbag module.

Trying to understand what causes these two modules to "sleep". I don't think that both of these modules are bad. Some diagram I've seen has two wires coming off the Keyless Entry Module that say "Power Saver", I would like to understand the logic behind this if anyone knows about it or where to look. Does it get a signal from the PCM to sleep?

Any help is appreciated.