85 mph cluster to 140 mph cluster swap

Did the transmission come out of the 93 as well? It could be that you have the wrong speedo gear in the tranny.
Other than that there should be no reason (that I can think of) for it to run faster than the speed you are going. The speedo cable has nothing to do with that.

• Sponsors (?)

the 140 cluster and the tranny are both from teh same donor car...the tranny is an AOD

the only thing is I'm running the 7.5 rear end and I don't know what size gears are in teh 4 cyl 7.5 auto set up..but this is wayy off and I'm not sure it's related to the gears. I just don't know what I missed!!

I haven't checked the tag, but It should be 3.73 gears
wow, could it be that much different? wow

(I do have the 8.8 from the donor, but I needed to take more time and try to clean it up and see if it's worth the salvage)

Until then check the tag on the rear that is in the car against the donor rear. If the one in the car is a 7.5 from a 4cyl it more than likely has 3:55 gears.
If that is the case all you need to do is find the correct speedo gear and swap it. Real simple to do. I just don't remember where to get the speedo gear chart that tells you which gear to get.

Stang951 said:
Until then check the tag on the rear that is in the car against the donor rear. If the one in the car is a 7.5 from a 4cyl it more than likely has 3:55 gears.
If that is the case all you need to do is find the correct speedo gear and swap it. Real simple to do. I just don't remember where to get the speedo gear chart that tells you which gear to get.

This one?
http://www.geocities.com/mgnedell/notchback/tech/speedo.html

i made this mistake back in 2002 i had an 87. put the bought a 93 cluster at a car show put it in turn the key and poof a little cloud of white smoke. So i figured id swap the gauges and put my 87 cluster back in. and bam poof little cloud of wite smoke. I Had burnd a fuseable link in the car harnes because i printed board on back of the 93 cluster is missing a ground or has one to many ground i forgot which one it is. But it took me like 500 bucks a a few weeks to get it back right.......

brands5.0 said:
i made this mistake back in 2002 i had an 87. put the bought a 93 cluster at a car show put it in turn the key and poof a little cloud of white smoke. So i figured id swap the gauges and put my 87 cluster back in. and bam poof little cloud of wite smoke. I Had burnd a fuseable link in the car harnes because i printed board on back of the 93 cluster is missing a ground or has one to many ground i forgot which one it is. But it took me like 500 bucks a a few weeks to get it back right.......

When I went with a 140MPH speedo, it was from a 93 also. I plugged everything in and it acted really wierd lol. Luckly I didn't burn anything up