85 Not So Ttop: New Car In The Stable

84Ttop

They make new pistons every day, so why worry?
5 Year Member
Jul 2, 2009
South Jersey
Well, I pulled the trigger on another vehicle. Not that I needed it as much as I wanted it. I stumbled across this car by accident on Craigslist and it was just to clean and to fear of a deal to pass up. Long story short I made a deal with a guy and picked it up yesterday. The car is mostly stock the body is laser straight and the interior is next to perfect. The guy I bought the car from didn't know much about the motor other than it had a cam and Aluminum Intake Manifold. If anyone knows me, the car went on the dyno within 5 minutes of being home. Much to my surprise the car made 270 rear-wheel horsepower and over 300 foot pounds of torque. There is something to this motor even though it looks like it has stock steel E7 heads on it. I'm not quite sure what the plans are for the car as of right now other than enjoy it and hopefully not turn it into another race car.
20160524_114334.jpg
20160524_114328.jpg
20160524_114356.jpg

Reactions: 10 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Well, I pulled the trigger on another vehicle. Not that I needed it as much as I wanted it. I stumbled across this car by accident on Craigslist and it was just to clean and to fear of a deal to pass up. Long story short I made a deal with a guy and picked it up yesterday. The car is mostly stock the body is laser straight and the interior is next to perfect. The guy I bought the car from didn't know much about the motor other than it had a cam and Aluminum Intake Manifold. If anyone knows me, the car went on the dyno within 5 minutes of being home. Much to my surprise the car made 270 rear-wheel horsepower and over 300 foot pounds of torque. There is something to this motor even though it looks like it has stock steel E7 heads on it. I'm not quite sure what the plans are for the car as of right now other than enjoy it and hopefully not turn it into another race car.
20160524_114334.jpg
20160524_114328.jpg
20160524_114356.jpg
I looooove that car, if it only had t-tops, huh?

Reactions: 1 user
20160524_114334.jpg
20160524_114328.jpg
20160524_114356.jpg

Do Not put Edwina back in Bowl!!!

Put,.....The candle,.....BACK!

Do Not press the RED button!

Do Not release the Cracken!

Do NOT make that car into a race car.

Street car like Scott's-------Yes
Street car like Grover Dills,....Yes

You can do this. There are a bagillion Mustangs out there, and only a few hero's like he two I pointed out. There are equally a bagillion Mustangs doomed to live a gutted life waiting on an appointment with Dr. Wall,.or Professor Bracketracing....

Do not put your new horse in line to be future dog food.

Reactions: 3 users
You guys must think I'm out of control or something... remember that my 66' Galaxie has remained stock for the last few years I've owned it. I have self control :) Well some at least.

Reactions: 1 users
Here was from out little dyno session the other day. I haven't had the time at my desktop to upload these until now.
2016-05-24 18.46.11.jpg

2016-05-24 20.12.27.jpg

2016-05-24 21.01.45.jpg

Lastly... The 85 having it's first play date with the 84' :)
2016-05-24 18.52.51.jpg

Reactions: 5 users