86 capri headlight issues

leathernotch

Oct 14, 2006
This is my roommates account. I've got an '86 capri with a few headlight issues. When I got the car the headlights and both sets of foglights were routed through an aftermarket wig-wag box (headlight flasher) the brights were bypassed and the only way the headlights turned on was if you had the bright switch on. The foglights worked fine off of two toggles, as well as another for the wig-wag action. About a week ago they just stopped working, my buddy and an auto-body shop said the box was burnt or shorted out. I'm looking for any type of wiring diagram or instructions to get at least the low-beams and some foglights working, I'm not worried about the brights, or if anybody knows how to hook it up through relays, I know some stuff about electrical and I know that I can't just come off of the battery with it. If anybody could help or provide some diagrams it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm glad that the diagrams helped.

I'll also *strongly suggest* that you get a service manual from ebay. They often go for ~$20-$30. BUT, ALL Stang wiring diagrams for ALL years are "so so" in accuracy. Most of the time, it's just the wire colors. So, use the diagrams as a baseline. But don't be surprised if things differ a little.