86gt maf conversion wiring issues 2 years still no go after mods please help my 5.0

i have an 86 5.0 gt converting over to mass air...it will run sometimes but i have to start it with starting fluid for it to start and doesnt start every time i figure its some sort of wiring issue because i have spark, fuel pressure, injector flash so probably has something to do with my mass conversion the instructions say:

VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR SIGNALS
These signals are required for cruise control and as stated earlier, some have reported stalling problems on cars not equipped with cruise so avoid the head-ache and just do it. These will also generate an error code in the EEC if not installed. These signals come from a sensor that plugs into the transmission. The easiest place to tap into them is behind the driver's side kick panel. There is an 8 pin connector cable which runs back to the driver's seat, across the floor under the seat then back towards the front of the car and then goes through the transmission hump to the sensor. You will need to splice into the orange/yellow wire. The other end of this signal needs an EEC pin attached and this gets inserted into the EEC connector into position 6. You need to splice into the dark green/white wire for the other connection. The other end of this signal needs an EEC pin attached and this gets inserted into the EEC connector into position 3. Refer to figure 2.
THE COLORS ON MINE ARE DIFFERENT!!!!
i have pin #6 spliced into orange wire w/lt blue stripe and instructions say orange/yellow
i have pin #3 spliced into a lime green and w/orange stripe and instructions say dark green/white wire
PLEASE HELP ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS I FIND HAVE THOSE COLORS I CANT FIND THE RIGHT ONE FOR MINE AND I REALLY THINK THIS IS MY STARTING PROBLEM SINCE MY CAR DOESNT HAVE CRUISE AND IS CREATING AN ERROR

• Sponsors (?)

ouch that sounds like a headache and a half. perhaps Jrichker or Hissin will stop in. they are intimately familiar with every bit of the fox electrical system.

sorta

i didnt make a chart but i went through and found some of the fuse links were old and cracked..replaced em and it tried to start at least ive gone through my wiring many times and im back now because those wire colors are different and seems to be the problem..i just need to know the different sensor wires and colors for those two signals and i think im good...at least i could move forward and I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT BEFORE AS WELL THANK YOU!!!

pics of the vehicle speed sensor ANYONE?

can anyone tell me where those go...it looks like in the picture that the first wire is supposed to be in that connector in the upper right hand corner spliced in and the second one right below it (bottom far right) is this correct? anyone have pictures of their VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR spliced so i can tell which wires go where?