• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

88 GT horns

  • Thread starter Thread starter fully
  • Start date Start date Sep 27, 2020

fully

Member
Aug 3, 2020
50
1
8
Saskatoon
Sep 27, 2020
#1
  • Sep 27, 2020
  • #1
ok don't hate me, I know this has been beaten to death, but I am still struggling. went and got some newer horns that I know work, yes my ears hurt lol. problem is I can't get power to the horns or the cigar lighter, and the cruise don't work. had the steering wheel off and things look fine, didn't snap a pic should of. just finished making a new pad for the steering wheel cause the old one was basically disintegrating, might need to make it a bit thicker not sure..I think I found the horn relay but I am not sure how to test it as it is different than any other relay I have, and the wire colors don't match from what I have read
 

fully

Member
Aug 3, 2020
50
1
8
Saskatoon
Sep 27, 2020
#2
  • Sep 27, 2020
  • #2
Here’s the relay
 

Attachments

  • C4371745-1A5E-4D7E-BC9A-B9F8041BF994.webp
    360.4 KB · Views: 202

fully

Member
Aug 3, 2020
50
1
8
Saskatoon
Sep 28, 2020
#3
  • Sep 28, 2020
  • #3
This is what the relay pins look like. And I went to a part store and they had one similar but it was missing two of the pins. But he said it was a relay for the horn
 

Attachments

  • 246C317B-A364-489E-B66C-900532B8400C.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 221
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
1991 GT cigarette lighter/port not working (horn is working)
  • MartinM
  • Aug 29, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
292
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2025
MartinM
M
For Sale 2006 Mustang GT Steering Wheel with Cruise Controls
  • lenko
  • Sep 3, 2026
  • Other Classifieds
Replies
0
Views
103
Other Classifieds Sep 3, 2026
lenko
For Sale 2006 Mustang GT Shaker 500 Head Unit with Bracket
  • lenko
  • Sep 3, 2026
  • Other Classifieds
Replies
0
Views
115
Other Classifieds Sep 3, 2026
lenko
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Resolved Holley terminator integration into CCRM
  • BrandonMP
  • Feb 25, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
473
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 23, 2026
fasterthangas
F
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?