Fox 88 mustang

20200629_211156.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Never heard of a factory "limited edition" in 1988, or for any regional sales office, but things have come up before that no one knew about.

Now an "executive" car is not a special edition or limited edition. They're ordered through DSO 89 just the same as any other Ford employee or affiliated company or vendor orders would be, as eluded to in the A/X/Z plans mentioned above.

I don't understand what you mean by your "car is titled a 4 cylinder". Does the title actually say that the engine is a four cylinder? Or does it say MUSTANG LX and you are assuming that all LXes were 4 cylinders? Can you explain a little more what you mean? A pic of the title would help.

I can explain the door tag and buck tag in full detail, and also the tag affixed to the original owner card if you have it. @General karthief posted my decoding website.

Reactions: 1 user
The only thing I can find is a 'Canadian Sport Edition' which was basically the P40E with slightly less insulation and other very minor things.
Anything else was a dealer build.
My LX was $13,900CAD new.
Love to learn more about this.

Hate to say it but this will end as disappointing as every single time one of these instances has come up. Not meant to make you mad but after 30 years all us old guys have heard all this numerous times. No sense debating. Just post the window sticker that you say you have and were done. Oddly that also never seems to happen in these cases. Snap pic....post pic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hate to say it but this will end as disappointing as every single time one of these instances have come up. Not meant to make you mad but after 30 years all us old guys have heard all this numerous times. No sense debating. Just post the window sticker that you say you have and were done. Oddly that also never seems to happen in these cases. Snap pic....post pic.
Don’t hate to say it, just say it. It’s a 5.0 swapped original 2.3 vert that is worth exactly Jack. And is far from anything “limited edition”. That car is as common as a cold.

Last edited: