89 5.0 GT- Can tourqe boxes be worn out through regular use?

This is my first post, so I apologize for any formatting issues. I've recently purchased my first foxbody, and it's needed some work. I just had some subframe connectors wielded; Is this good enough for it to last me a while so I could get some money together? The previous owner had new upper and lower control arms installed, so im not sure if it would help. Ive been shelling out a few bucks on maintenance so I dont want to spend it unless I have to. I don't plan on pushing the car to it's limit, just weekend driving with the occasional highway pull every once in a while. Any information is very much appreciated!

Note: I have not inspected the tourqe boxes, as the fox is at a local mechanic getting some new lifters.

Thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like you're not very mechanically inclined, oh and you are in californ ca-ca-caliform ahh, over yonder,
Subframe connectors are a good first update as long as the body is straight. This is where a visit to a trusted body shop is needed.
I will suggest getting a Ford assembly manual, you can find them on ebay. Pay'n labor fees and inflated parts bills can bankrupt ya.
Welcome to stangnet, you'll find the fox forums down the hall, second door on right
Or is it the left? Sorry, I don't get out much.
If you get lost just ask the janitor, he's usually hang'n around in the hallway.

Welcome, Sanchez!

I agree the the karthief....subframe connectors is a great starting point. The fact that the previous owner installed new uppers and lowers does not affect the torque boxes.

Torque boxes do not really wear out, as they are welded in from the factory. The only things that would affect torque boxes would be 1) rust, and seeing you are from CA, that shouldn't be a big issue, or 2) high RPM launches on slicks. Considering the car did not have subframes installed when you bought it, I'd say that you are fine as far as that is concerned as well. Many of these cars have been used and abused, all without subframe connectors or torque box upgrades.

From what I have read, you should be fine to take it out and enjoy it as it is (once your maintenance issues are finished).